School Immunization Requirements are changing
Immunization requirements are changing for the 2017-2018 school year. School administrators, nurses, health care providers, and parents should stay up-to-date on the changes. Sign up for an email list to stay up-to-date on requirements.
Click here to read the 2017-2018 Philadelphia School Immunization requirements. These go into effect on August 1st, 2017, for students in Kindergarten through 12th grade.
Download and print flyers to share with parents:
Students will need a certificate of immunization (green and white card) or a medical plan (red and white card). You can order packages of these documents from PDPH, or download and print your own versions.
On the Pennsylvania Department of Health’s website, you can find resources on the Pennsylvania State Immunization Requirements. State resources include:
- New requirements: memo and presentation
- Fact sheet (English and Spanish)
- Flyer for parents (English and Spanish)
- Guidelines for school nurses
Health Care Providers: What can you do?
- Know the requirements: review the new school immunization requirements. parents will make immunization appointments for their children for you to review their history and make a medical plan to get them up to date on their shots.
- Test access to KIDS Plus: make sure your user account with the KIDS Plus IIS is up to date by testing your log in. If you cannot log in, call 215-685-6830 to unlock your account. You may have to renew your confidentiality agreement.
- Get your patients into the office:
- Order early: expect the possibility of higher demand for vaccines in late August and early September. Order by August 2nd to ensure that you have enough vaccine in the office.