School Immunization Requirements are changing
Immunization requirements are changing for the 2017-2018 school year. Administrators, nurses, and parents should stay up-to-date on the changes.
June 2nd workshop on New Requirements
If you’re a school nurse, administrator, health care provider, or public health colleague, you’ll need to know the ins and outs of the new school immunization requirements that go into effect on August 1st, 2017: what they are, what to expect, and how to be prepared. This workshop is not intended for parents.
The Philadelphia Department of Public health, in partnership with the Philadelphia Immunization Coalition, welcomes Cindy Findley, Director of the Division of Immunizations with the Pennsylvania Department of Health to present a workshop on the new requirements. The workshop will feature a question and answer session, and PDPH Immunization staff will be on hand to answer questions about the VFC and VFAAR programs, and the KIDS Registry.
All attendees will receive official “red and white” medical plan cards. Light refreshments and snacks will be provided. Space is limited! Click here to add your name to the waiting list.
- Date: June 2nd, 2017
- Time: 2PM to 4PM
- Location: The Friends Center, 1501 Cherry St, Philadelphia PA
- Transportation: near Suburban Station and several bus routes. Paid parking is available across the street.
Resources for School Nurses, Administrators, and Public Health Colleagues
- 2017-2018 Philadelphia School Immunization requirements
- Sign up for an email list to stay up-to-date on requirements
- Download and print a flyer to share with parents
- Order certificates of immunization
- Pennsylvania State Immunization Requirements, which includes a memo and instructional PowerPoint presentation on the new requirements, and files to download and print Medical Certificates and Certificates of Immunization