KIDS Plus IIS is currently ready to accept data and is capable of supporting bidirection, real-time interface with EHR systems, conforming with the CDC HL7 2.5.1 Implementation Guide for Immunization Messaging Release 1.5. This includes supporting Query/Response and National Drug Codes (NDCs) for newly-administered immunizations.
The KIDS Plus Immunization Information System (IIS) supports eligible clinics and hospitals that wish to submit immunization data via Health Level 7 (HL7). This process allows practices to report immunizations to KIDS Plus IIS in a more timely and accurate manner through HL7 messaging rather than by manual logs or monthly flat files. Currently KIDS Plus IIS supports HL7 v2.5.1 reporting via batch, real-time and bidirectional messages.
Meaningful Use Overview
What is meaningful use?
In July 2010, the Centers for Medicaid and Medicare Services final rule on the Electronic Health Record Incentive Program defined measures for eligible professionals and hospitals in order to receive incentive payment. Submission of immunization data to an immunization registry meets one of the public health objectives.
How to qualify for Stage 2
Successfully enroll and work towards ongoing submission of electronic immunization data via an HL7 interface during the EHR reporting period.
- The KIDS Plus IIS Clinic-Health System Enrollment Form is needed for new providers who want to begin the HL7 process.
- The KIDS Plus IIS Entity Confidentiality Agreement is for organizations that want access the web service to test the data transport.
Information for Vendors
- HL7 2.5.1
- Batch messaging using SFTP
- Real-time unidirectional and bi-directional messaging over SOAP web services (preferred)
- Bi-Directional Interface
- Meaningful Use Beginners Guide
- Meaningful Use Stage 2 Measure 16 of 17
- Eligible Professional’s Guide to STAGE 2 of the EHR Incentive Programs
- Modified Stage 2 Overview
HL7 Testing Guides
To learn more about the Electronic Health Records Incentive Program – CMS EHR Incentive Overview
Online tool to help test if your practice or hospital would successfully demonstrate meaningful use – CMS Meaningful Use Attestation Calculator
CDC Standard Code Set – HL7 Table 0292 Vaccine Administered (CVX)