The KIDS Plus Immunization Information System (IIS) supports eligible clinics and hospitals that wish to submit immunization data via Health Level 7 (HL7). This process allows practices to report immunizations to KIDS Plus IIS in a more timely and accurate manner through HL7 messaging rather than by manual logs or monthly flat files. Currently KIDS Plus IIS supports HL7 v2.3.1 and HL7 v 2.5.1 reporting via batch, real-time and bidirectional messages.
Meaningful Use Overview
What is meaningful use? In July 2010, the Centers for Medicaid and Medicare Services final rule on the Electronic Health Record Incentive Program defined measures for eligible professionals and hospitals in order to receive incentive payment. Submission of immunization data to an immunization registry meets one of the public health objectives.
How to qualify for Stage 1: To receive incentive payment, providers must establish that they are able to use an EHR system with the objective of submitting electronic data to an immunization information system. Providers must also follow up with regular submission of data in accordance with applicable law and practice.
- The KIDS Plus IIS Clinic-Health System Enrollment Form is needed for new providers who want to begin the HL7 process.
- The KIDS Plus IIS Responsible Entity Security Agreement is for organizations that want access the web service to test the data transport.
Information for Vendors
- HL7 2.3.1 and 2.5.1 capability.
- Batch messaging using sFTP.
- Real-time / bi-directional (VXU, VXQ, QBP, RSP) messaging through web service.
In order to meet meaningful use attestation, providers must perform at least one successful test submission of data. Providers must arrange for continuous reporting in accordance with KIDS Plus IIS policies.
A letter acknowledging attestation may be provided by the Immunization Program after completion of testing process.
To learn more about the Electronic Health Records Incentive Program – CMS EHR Incentive Overview